$3,090 was raised at the Charity Auction of rare Coca-Cola memorabilia with proceeds going to Coca-Cola’s long-time partner, Singapore Red Cross Society.
Mr. Rick Koh stood out at the auction as he was the highest bidder on five out of twelve items. He was not even an official collector at the Fair, but was thrilled with the exclusivity of some of the auction items. His donations amounted to a whopping SGD $1,850! He took home:
- Crystal contour bottle (Origin: USA)
- Roberto Cavalli Coca-Cola light bottle set in animal print tin presentation case (Origin: Italy)
- Lead-cut crystal vase with Coca-Cola spencerian script engraving in wooden box
- Coca-Cola coffee table book set (Origin: USA)
- Set of four large, limited-edition official Norman Rockwell prints (Origin: USA)
Five local Coke Collectors spoke about their shared passion of collecting Coca-Cola memorabilia and gave tips and advice to newbies interested in starting their own collections. Speakers included:
- Kannie Yeo, President of the Singapore Coke Collectors Club and collector for 17 years
- Desmond Yeo, who has been collecting for more than 17 years
- Charles Lee, a veteran collector for 27 years
- Wilfred Wong, a collector for 9 years
- Desmond Koh, a collector for 18 years
Attendees were intrigued by the interactive heritage exhibits which featured an iPad to tell the story behind the collectibles. The four exhibits were shipped all the way from the Coca-Cola Archives in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. They housed a collection of Coca-Cola memorabilia from around the world, including an original Coca-Cola straight sided bottled from 1901.
Collectors took part in a Best Display Contest where they were judged on creativity of their collection display, and storytelling abilities about their passion. The winner was a Malaysian Collector, Mr. William Kor, who took home the 2013 World of Coca-Cola Contour Bottle and World of Coca-Cola VIP Tour Pin. This limited-edition set is extremely rare and only given out to VIP participants who visit The World of Coca-Cola in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. The contest judges were two Coca-Cola representatives – Lim Kean Yew, Senior Manager Integrated Marketing Communications, Coca-Cola Singapore and Malaysia, and, Mark Docherty, Senior Brand Manager, Coca-Cola Singapore.
Here’s a preview of the photos taken at the Fair: